Lowtax Network

Back To Top

Your Lowtax Account

Share Trading

Asked in Offshore (General) for Singapore

If you start up a company in singapore for share trading but you only trade HK or US shares are you subject to any taxes in singapore?
Tax Trade
Posted by Anynomous on Apr 16, 2013 at 16:03


You must Login to comment



To avoid Singapore taxation, you need to ensure:

1. That the work was not carried out in Singapore;
2. That you do NOT remit funds to Singapore.

Singapore is a low tax jurisdiction with a maximum rate of tax of 17%. There is also a lower rate of 8.5% (for profit up to S$300,000 (c.$240,000). In addition, and for the first 3 years of existence, the first S$100,000 (c. $80,000) of profit is not taxed. Non-Singapore source income may not be subject to taxation. There is no tax on dividend payments.

Tai Pan International - www.taipan-international.com
International Accountants & Business Advisors, providing services to professional intermediaries.
Posted by Lowtax User on Nov 10, 2013 at 19:09


You must Login to comment

> That the work was not carried out in Singapore

So can a Singapore registered IBC (company) have a share-dealing account in Singapore, which buys stocks/shares on stockmarkets outside Singapore such as the Nasdaq, and not pay tax? Does a share-dealing account classify as trading within the jurisdiction of Singapore or not?
Posted by Andrew on Dec 02, 2014 at 00:53


You must Login to comment


Your Answer

You need to be logged in to answer questions. Login or Register

Edit Question

Cancel Save

Edit Answer

Cancel Save

Type the id of the answer to move the comments of:

WARNING - Make sure the ID is correct, or the answer/comment may become lost