Taxlinked.net Announces Launch of Second International Tax & Law Conference in Barcelona
Contributed by Taxlinked.net
29 August, 2019
Taxlinked.net, an online network for international tax and law professionals, is excited to announce that it will be hosting its second annual international tax and law conference, Beyond Borders: Redefining International Taxation, from October 13 to 16 at Hotel 1898 in Barcelona, Spain.
Following the success of its inaugural conference last year in Cyprus, Taxlinked returns with #TLTaxCon19 to explore new trends in international law and taxation and revisit the latest hot topics from different perspectives.
With financial transparency gaining momentum and compliance requirements multiplying by the hour, financial service providers, tax experts and lawyers today face a multitude of questions and challenges to their practice.
Relying on its extensive network, Taxlinked has assembled a remarkable group of speakers and panelists who will address these growing concerns, both from an academic and professional point of view, and shed light on what's next for this rapidly changing industry.
Some of the topics to be discussed as part of this trend-setting conference include:
- Is the USA the World's Favorite (and Best) Tax Haven?
- Current Developments in Spanish Taxation
- Revisiting Brexit and International Taxation: What Now?
- The Trials and Tribulations of Taxing the Digital Economy
- Permanent Establishment and Profit Attribution as Defined by BEPS
- The 5th Money Laundering Directive (5MLD): A Step Too Far?
- DAC6 Directive: A Closer Analysis of Its "Hallmarks"
- A Study in Contrasts: Public Beneficial Ownership Registers vs. Europe's GDPR
- Transparency and Data Protection: Is the Pendulum About to Swing Back?
- In Search of the Digital Nomad
Our four keynote speakers are:
- Dr. Nicholas Ryder, Professor of Financial Crime, UWE Bristol, UK
- Brigida Galbete, Senior Tax Associate, Cuatrecasas, Spain
- Filippo Noseda, Partner, Mischon de Reya, and Visiting Professor, King's College, UK
- Dr. Svetislav Kostic, Docent in Tax Law, University of Belgrade, Serbia
And our panelists include:
- Stella RaventÃ³s-Calvo, Partner, Danbury Abogados, Spain
- Samantha Bourton, Lecturer in Law, UWE Bristol, UK
- Ronaldo Apelbaum, Tax Partner, APGI Advogados, Brazil
- Dr. Sameer Al Ansari, CEO, RAK International Corporate Centre, UAE
- Dr. Peter H. Wilson, PB First Global Tax Advisors, UAE
- Jimmy Sexton, CEO, Esquire Group, UAE & USA
- David Martinez, Business Integrity and Transparency Manager, Transparency International, Spain
- Dr. Eva AndrÃ©s Aucejo, Professor of Tax Law, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Cristina Villanova, Lawyer, Cases & Lacambra, Spain
- John Richardson, Lawyer, Citizenship Solutions, Canada
Besides earning 12 CPD credits for their participation, attendees will benefit from a series of networking and social opportunities and have plenty of fun doing so.
Networking opportunities are at the core of #TLTaxCon19. Elegant dinners, cocktail parties, networking lunches and guided wine tastings offer participants plenty of time meet, socialize and develop the professional bonds (and hopefully lifelong friendships) that will help their business reach for the sky.
Some of the events Taxlinked has planned for participants this time around include: a night out with Crazy Red Balls; a Spanish wine tasting led by an acclaimed local wine connoisseur; an evening dedicated to endless tapas, and; a snazzy cocktail reception to help attendees unwind following their travels to Spain.
For access to the event's full agenda, list of speakers and networking activities planned, please check out the conference's website HERE.
For more information and to book your tickets, please contact our Community Manager Masha Soboleva at firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call at +357 24 343132.
« Go Back to Press Releases