Gibraltar FSC Issues Guide For New Financial Firms
by Jason Gorringe, Lowtax.net, London
05 May, 2015
The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission has launched a dedicated section on its website to support prospective licensees.
The new pages are relevant to any firm seeking authorization under any one or more of the following Acts:
- The Financial Services (Auditors) Act 2009;
- The Financial Services (Banking) Act 1992;
- The Financial Services (Collective Investment Schemes) Act 2011;
- The Financial Services (Investment and Fiduciary Services) Act 1989; and
- The Financial Services (Markets in Financial Instruments) Act 2006.
The website includes an overview of the authorization process and includes pages catered to each category of applicant.
The FSC worked closely with the industry in developing the website, including at workshops held in January.
The FSC has also confirmed that, later this year, it will be rebranding, which will involve further improvements to the regulator's online presence.
FSC CEO, Samantha Barrass, said: "The changes to our website represent our commitment to increase and enhance the information available to potential applicants and existing licensees. It sets out a more streamlined application process that delivers on our commitment to be easy to do business with."
See all of today's news