BVI Receives 2014 Offshore Estate Planning Gong
by Mike Godfrey, Lowtax.net, Washington
10 September, 2014
The British Virgin Islands has been awarded the 2014 Offshore Excellence Award in Estate Planning by publishers Acquisition International.Receiving the award on behalf of the territory, Executive Director of the BVI International Financial Center, Sylvia Moses, said the award recognizes the territory's excellence in providing estate planning services to offshore industry clientele. Moses said: "The BVI IFC is delighted to accept this award on behalf of the BVI, and we will continue to promote the jurisdiction's quality of services in retaining our status as a world class financial services center. This award clearly represents our relentless efforts and ability to keep the pace with the latest ever-changing legislation and regulations overseeing complex operations that span the globe."
A number of BVI firms also secured accolades in specific areas:
- Deloitte – Best BVI Insolvency Practitioner;
- Folio Corporate Services Limited – Offshore Director Services Provider of the Year;
- Forbes Hare – Latin American Practice of the Year – BVI;
- Harney Westwood & Riegels – BVI Litigation Team of the Year;
- Harneys – Offshore Trust Creation Team of the Year;
- ICAZA TRUST – Offshore Capital Markets Law Firm of Year;
- Ogier – Offshore Dispute Resolution Practice of the Year; and
- Simpson Grierson – Offshore Insurance and Product liability Issue Specialist of the Year.
See all of today's news