Qatar: Country and Foreign Investment
Investment incentives open to foreign participation are by way of joint ventures through technology supply, market administration and equity participation. The main incentives are as follows:
- Ownership of up to 49% foreign investment in all Qatari economic activities
- Up to 25% ownership of Shareholding Companies listed on the Doha Securities Market
- Allotment of land to set up an investment project for a period not exceeding 50 years
- No import duties are payable on machinery, equipment and spare parts brought into Qatar
- No export duties
- No corporate taxation for predetermined periods, and income tax exemption for 10 years
- Expatriates’ salaries are exempt from income tax
- Loans can be secured from the Qatar Development Bank
- There are no quantitative quotas on imports.
More details are available from the Investment Promotion Department of the State of Qatar Ministry of Economy & Commerce: click here.