Qatar: Country and Foreign Investment
This page was last updated on 23 September 2020.
Investment incentives open to foreign participation are by way of joint ventures through technology supply, market administration and equity participation. The main incentives are as follows:
- Ownership of up to 49% foreign investment in all Qatari economic activities
- Up to 25% ownership of shareholding companies listed on the Doha Securities Market
- Allowance of land to set up an investment project for a period not exceeding 50 years
- No import duties payable on machinery, equipment and spare parts brought into Qatar
- No export duties
- No corporate taxation for predetermined periods; income tax exemption for 10 years
- Expatriates’ salaries exempt from income tax
- Loans can be secured from the Qatar Development Bank
- No quantitative quotas on imports.
More details are available from the Investment Promotion Department of the State of Qatar Ministry of Economy & Commerce.