Isle of Man: E-Commerce
This page was last updated on 31 January 2020.
There is a number of firms on the Isle of Man that offer e-commerce packages or e-business support, and several of these are consortiums. In one case, for instance, there is a joint venture between a management consultancy, an internet facilities house, a law firm and Manx Telecom. This approach ensures that all necessary skills are brought to bear on the setting-up of an offshore e-commerce operation.
Several firms offer comprehensive support to retail e-commerce operations, typically including the following components:
- domain name, hosting and site statistics;
- secure space for customer ordering form;
- home, company information and other pages as required;
- product catalogue, shopping basket and ordering facility;
- catalogue design and construction including photography;
- keyword-based search engine positioning;
- payment-processing solutions from an external service;
- continuing site updating service.