Lowtax Network

Back To Top

Your Lowtax Account

Germany: Country and Foreign Investment

Entry and Residence

Nationals of most EU states may live and work in Germany without restriction. Citizens from some of the new EU states such as Poland, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Estonia must apply for a work permit prior to their arrival in Germany. Australian, Canadian, Israeli, Japanese, South Korean, New Zealand and US citizen may apply for a work permit after their arrival in Germany but must not commence employment until after the permit has been issued.

For non-EU nationals a visitors’ visa is generally required for entry into Germany.



Back to Germany Index »