Cayman Islands: Types of Company
Limited Duration Exempt Company
This page was last updated on 28 June 2019.
Limited duration exempted companies are like exempted companies except that:
- The memorandum of association must limit the life of the company to 30 years or less
- Certain events are specified which automatically precipitate its voluntary winding-up and dissolution
- it must at all times have not fewer than two members
- the articles of association may provide that no shares may be transferred without the agreement of all shareholders
- management may be carried out by the shareholders or may be delegated to a board of directors.
The name of the company must include at its end “limited duration company” or “LDC." Fees are as for exempted companies, plus KYD200.