Lowtax Network

Back To Top

Your Lowtax Account

Aruba: Offshore Legal and Tax Regimes

Employment and Residence

A non-citizen who wishes to work in Aruba must obtain a work permit from the Directorate of Alien Integration, Policy and Admission (DIMAS), which will only be granted if no suitable local applicant is available. Applications must be filed by the potential employer who will bear the costs. The principal documents to be attached to the application include an official certificate from the police authorities in the country of origin certifying that the applicant has no serious criminal convictions, a medical certificate certifying that the applicant carries no contagious disease and has no mental illness, copies of job advertisements placed in local newspapers to which no suitable local applicants replied, certificates verifying the employee's qualifications and the contract of employment which must be in accordance with Aruba labor laws.

An application for a residence permit will normally be submitted at the same time as an application for a work permit and includes many of the same requirements. However where the applicant wants a residence permit without a work permit the chief requirement will be to prove that he will not become a burden to the state and that he has sufficient funds to support his stay. In order to satisfy this criteria the applicant will be required to provide satisfactory bank references.



Back to Aruba Index »