Lowtax Network

Back To Top

Tax ID in Nevada

08 November, 2017

When you start a new business in Nevada such as Corporation, Partnership or Liability Limited Company, you will need to apply for a new Tax ID.

What is Tax ID?

Tax ID, also known as an EIN (Employer Identification Number) is issued by the Internal Revenue Services (IRS).

There is no fee for obtaining a new Tax ID. It can be done over the internet on the official Internal Revenue Services website and you will get your EIN instantly.

However, you’re required to have a US social security number to apply online.

If you don’t have a US social security number, you can download the EIN form and instructions here and submit your application by mail.

If you have Corporation your default tax ID will be for C-Corp. You can also choose to be taxed as S-Corp.
For LLCs the default EIN option is Partnership. IRS can either set the status Disregarded Entity (one owner) or Partnership (multiple owners) depending on how many owners the LLC has.

You can also choose to have a different status than Partnership and to be taxes as C-Corp or S-Corp. You will have to submit additional form – Form 8832 for C-Corp election and Form 2553 for S-Corp.

Change of Ownership or Structure

In most cases, companies will need a new EIN when the ownership or structure has changes.

Lost EIN

If you previously applied for EIN for your number, but you have misplaced it, you can ask the IRS to search for your existing EIN number.


About the Author


Startupr puts you first. This is why our main focus is Startups with global ambitions. We give you the freedom to build your business while we take care of the tedious, administrative tasks, leaving you to concentrate on your dream for your company. As part of our brilliant service, our back end software will automatically send you reminders of important annual filings, and upload your important document to your online account. startupr.hk


« Go Back to Blogs

Blog Archive

Event Listings

Listings for the leading worldwide conferences and events in accounting, investment, banking and finance, transfer pricing, corporate taxation and more...
See Event Listings »