Know Your Client (KYC) Procedure - What to expect
28 July, 2015
If you want to start a business, set up a company in Hong Kong or you just need to open a bank account, you might be asked to provide the following documents:
- Any corporation Agreements
- Certificate of incorporation (notarized)
- Certificate of Incumbency no older than 3 months (notarized)
- Appointment of first directors (notarized)
- Power of attorney (notarized), if any
- Scan of the passport (notarized) or personal ID
- Proof of address (any utility bill or invoice carrying name and address of the person(electricity, phone bill, bank statement)
- Beneficial owner agreement if any plus points 6 and 7
- W8 form - if you provide any financial services
- KYC (know your client) questioner
- All shareholders with more than 10% of the company shares must be physically present at the meeting.
- If the company has multiple directors, a proper quorum of these directors should be at the bank meeting. We suggests that all directors attend the meeting.
- All documents must be in English. If your original documentation is in another language, it should be translated into English, and certified by a local authorized translation agency.
- Check you have collected all necessary documents. Failing to provide any of the above listed documents may delay the process.
Failure to provide any of the requested documents may delay the process of bank account opening.
« Go Back to Blogs