Information on Canada
Europa Trust Company Ltd
17 May, 2016
Canada is the world's second-largest country by total area. Its border with the United States is the world's longest land border. The majority of Canada's land territory is dominated by forest, tundra and the Rocky Mountains.
Canada achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1931. Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state. It is one of the world's most ethnically diverse and multicultural nations and has the 11th largest economy in the World. Canada has abundant natural resources and well-developed international trade networks. It ranks the highest in international measurements of government transparency, economic freedom, quality of life, civil liberties, and education.
Canada- the Onshore Alternative
Take advantage of Canada's excellent international reputation. Canada is a respectable and prestigious jurisdiction that offers the Canadian limited partnership (LP) or the limited liability partnership (LLP).
Canadian partnerships bear all the benefits of a traditional offshore company:
- Speedy registration
- Reputable jurisdiction means easier bank account opening
- Branch Partners Possible
- Nominee partners possible
- Easy administration
- Low-cost maintenance
- Registered in a respectable, politically stable, white-listed jurisdiction
- VAT Exempt
- No restrictions on the residency of partners
- Optional confidential nominee structuring
- No Persons of Significant Control (PSC) Register (as in the UK)
- No minimum authorised capital. Partners can make any contribution to the limited partnership
- Ideal name for operating in English or French speaking countries. A limited liability partnership must have the words "Limited Liability Partnership", "Société à Responsabilité Limitée" or "Société en nom collectif à responsabilité limitée" or the abbreviation "LLP", "SRL" or "SENCRL" as part of and at the end of its business name
- Tax efficient
- No withholding tax on profit received by partners resident/registered outside Canada
- No corporate income tax (where partners are resident/registered outside Canada and no income received in Canada).
- No requirements to file corporate tax returns
- The partners pay taxes from the profits received by the partnership in the place of their residence/registration, if required by the legislation of that particular country.
Working with Europa Trust Company Ltd
Europa Trust Company Ltd is part of the Europa Group and has been based in Gibraltar for 30 years and has built a reputation as a stable and reputable business.
We provide a comprehensive range of company and trust formation and management services including company and trust administration, corporate directors, shareholders and secretaries, accounting, marine registration and other associated services.
Our clients are an eclectic mix of international executives, authors, sportsmen, corporations, wealthy individuals, families and many more. Their individual interests and needs are at the centre of our focus.
Each client benefits from the experience and multi-jurisdiction knowledge of a dedicated Europa Trust Company Ltd professional. Europa Trust Company Ltd is able to work in over 31 jurisdictions around the World.
We are licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Commission and ISO 27001 (Information Security Management Systems) and ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) certified.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
« Go Back to Blogs