Dreaming of a Strange Christmas?
Europa Trust Company Ltd
21 December, 2017
Over the past centuries many unusual stories and bizarre facts have emerged about the festive season. As Christmas approaches, Europa Trust Company Ltd reports on a few of these interesting facts to warm your heart.
- The early illustrations of St. Nicholas (Father Christmas/Santa Claus) were not pleasant. He was made out to be a stern symbol of discipline.
- Between the 16th and 19th centuries global temperatures were several degrees lower than they are today. It is for this reason that many old Christmas carols and songs mention "White Christmas".
- Many zoos around the World accept donated Christmas trees as food for their animals after the festive season.
- Nearly all of the most popular modern Christmas songs were written by people of Jewish faith.
- During the Christmas of 2010, the Colombian Government covered certain jungle trees with Christmas lights. When FARC guerrilla terrorists walked by, the trees lit up and banners asking them to lay down their arms became visible. As a result, 331 of the guerrilla terrorists re-entered society. This campaign won an award for strategic marketing excellence.
- Due to a successful marketing campaign 40 years ago, Japanese people traditionally eat their Christmas dinner at KFC. This tradition is now so popular that customers must place their Christmas orders 2 months in advance.
- Coca-Cola did not create the modern red illustration of Santa Claus. Santa had been portrayed almost exclusively in red from the early 19th century and most of his modern image was put together by cartoonist Thomas Nast in the 1870s.
We hope you have enjoyed these unusual stories and some bizarre facts about Christmas. We wish you and your family warm greetings for the festive season.
Your Views and Comments
Do you have any comments about our news? We would love to hear from you. Please reply, the best comments may be shared.
Working with The Europa Group
Europa Trust Company Ltd is part of the Europa Group. We have been based in Gibraltar for 33 years and have built a reputation as a stable and reputable business.
We provide a comprehensive range of company and trust formation and management services including company and trust administration, foundations, partnerships, corporate directors, shareholders and secretaries, accounting, marine registration and other associated services.
Our clients are an eclectic mix of international executives, authors, sportsmen, corporations, wealthy individuals, families and many more. Their individual interests and needs are at the centre of our focus. Each client benefits from the experience and multi-jurisdiction knowledge of a dedicated Europa Group professional.
The Europa Group is able to work in over 31 jurisdictions around the World. We are licensed and regulated by the Financial Services Commission and ISO 27001 (Information Security Management Systems) and ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems) certified.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
« Go Back to Blogs