04 August, 2015
If you would like to open a new company in Hong Kong, bear in mind that all Hong Kong companies are required to have a company secretary.
Not the type of secretary who answers the phone. The company secretary carries out the Chief of administrative officer function.
Requirements of company secretary:
- Must be a Hong Kong resident or local incorporated company
- Every company is required to have 1 director and 1 company secretary. If the company has 1 company director, the director cannot act as a company secretary
- Must have adequate experience and knowledge
Duties and responsibilities
- General government duties e.g. ensuring the annual return of the company is filed on time
- Communication with shareholders
- Supervision of the issuance of share capitals
You can find the list of registered agents here.
« Go Back to Blogs