5 Tips on Preparing for a Bank Appointment in Hong Kong
27 July, 2015
Spend a few minutes reading this post to discover 5 tips how to prepare for your first appointment at a bank in Hong Kong.
1. Schedule an appointment
If possible, allow yourself to have enough time to prepare for the bank meeting. Collect certified incorporation documents and bring them with you to the bank.
2. Personal documents
The bank will require you to submit the following personal documents:
- Passport, and other personal documents such as home country driver's license showing your address.
- Additional address proof required, bank statement, electricity bill, phone bill, etc.
Please note that the personal documents have to be delivered to the bank officials personally.
3. Required Company Documents
4. Supporting Documents and Information about your company
1) Proof of business, or preparation of business, even if your company is newly registered.
2) Nature of business and your experience in the field
3) Issued or Received Invoices
- Any company invoice will help demonstrate actual business engagement. The company may issue/receive invoices right after its incorporation.
4) Business Description
- Statement on the company's letterhead (must be dated and signed), naming directors and/or principal shareholders.
- Copies of agreements with suppliers, if any.
- One page summary of your business.
- Bank Reference Letter issued by the bank where you currently have your business and/or personal account is always helpful.
- Business certificate and incorporation certificate from any other company you have owned or controlled previously.
5. Bank Account Opening
An average bank appointment takes about 25-30 minutes. The bank officials may open your corporate bank account within a few days or they may require more time and postpone the final decision (up to 20 business days).
- All shareholders with more than 10% of the company shares must be physically present at the meeting.
- If the company has multiple directors, a proper quorum of these directors should be at the bank meeting. We suggests that all directors attend the meeting.
- All documents must be in English. If your original documentation is in another language, it should be translated into English, and certified by a local authorized translation agency.
- Check you have collected all necessary documents. Failing to provide any of the above listed documents may delay the process.
Thinking about opening a company in Hong Kong? Contact Startupr Hong Kong Limited!
company account opening within 4-10 days. In some cases, if a bank requires further information, or a local holiday occurs, there can be several days' delay.
« Go Back to Blogs