Spa License and Business Setup in Dubai
Contributed by PMC Solutions
31 January, 2020
Beauty is in demand everywhere. Individuals always like to be well groomed and need someone to make them attractive and Dubai is no exception.
It can be very profitable to decide to open a beauty salon in Dubai as there will be no lack of customers.
In many ways, the grooming industry is extended to namely makeup products, nail business, hair styling, massages, and many more.
It will take a lot of hard work, dedication and expertise to open your own salon or spa, whether it's a hair salon, nail salon or general beauty salon.
Nonetheless, in Dubai there are a few prerequisites for beauty salons that an investor must meet in order to set up his / her company smoothly.
The Criteria for Spa License in Dubai
The following prerequisites are to be met in order to start a spa business in Dubai.
A signboard will be required to be placed at the front of the location
- The Dubai Municipality's planning department should sanction the site
- There must be sufficient sanitation, furniture and illumination
- Dressing seats should fulfill 3.0 m long X 3.5 m width specifications
- The minimum height should not be less than 2.30 m between the ceiling and the floor
- For different services such as pedicure, manicure, henna application, etc., distinct sections are to be allocated.
- Wash-basins should be fitted in the hair cutting lounge and facial rooms.
- Water heater is a mandatory requirement
- Beauty products and personal care items must also be licensed with the Dubai Municipality's Product Safety Division
- The machines must be licensed by the Dubai Health Authority
- A closet to hold clothing
- Disposable bed sheet roles should replace massage beds after every use.
- Updated list of employees and OHC inspection form should be available
How to Set Up a Spa Business in Dubai
The following are the basic steps to be pursued in order to initiate a business in Dubai dealing with spa services:
1.Submit the Documents needed
In order to start the process, the above documentation must be sent to the Company Registry accordingly.
2. Determine on the name of the salon and gain authorization
The next step is to decide on a distinct name for your spa company and gain permission from the Department of Economic Development (DED)
3.Obtain clearance for DED
The recorded documents and name will be checked appropriately. The DED would authorize the proposal after the confirmation.
4.Draft the MOA and AOA
For the next phase, the Memorandum of Association must be drafted correctly, as it includes the duties and responsibilities to be performed in the location and agreed to sign.
5.Rent a place / location
The next step is to find a location with the necessary infrastructure and to acquire a leasing agreement with the Ejari Number when the same is finalized
The Dubai salon and spa company requires different permits from the Dubai Municipality's Planning and Health & Safety Division
7.Collect the License
When permits are acquired, the Department of Economic Development (DED) will issue the permit.
Call us if you want to set up your business in Dubai. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
Do not get into the hassle of running from one authority to other, leave that upon us and we at PMC Solutions DMCC will setup your branch office whilst saving your time and money. Contact our business consultants for further guidance.
« Go Back to Articles