Cyprus Investment Immigration Programmes
Contributed by Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC
02 February, 2017
Investing and living in Cyprus
One of the best relocation destinations in the world
- Advanced living standards
- Low crime rates
- Excellent infrastructure
- Advanced educational and medical facilities
- Stability and security
- Exceptional Mediterranean climate
- Some of the best beaches in Europe
An attractive international business hub
- Strategic location at the crossroads of Europe, Asia and Africa
- Full EU and Eurozone member
- High standards of professional services
- Political and legal stability
- A safe jurisdiction for asset protection
- One of the lowest corporate tax rates in the EU
Citizenship by Investment
Cypriot Passport amongst the Strongest In the World
The Cypriot passport ranks among the strongest in the world, as holders are able to travel to 146 countries without a visa, Cyprus Business Mail reports on 29th December 2016.
According to the updated Passport Index, Cyprus gets a Passport Power Rank of 13, and an Individual Power Rank of 36 globally.
Its Global Mobility Score (for visa-free travel) of 146 ranks it above such countries as Lichtenstein, Monaco and Brazil.
5 Alternatives to obtain a Cypriot Passport
Purchase or Construction of real estate, land development and infrastructure projects.
*Investment in land is eligible if supported by a development plan
Acquisition or Creation or Participation in companies within the Republic of Cyprus.
*Investments should be supported by a comprehensive plan and support the company's local operations.
Investment in Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) or Financial Assets of Cyprus Companies or Cyprus CySec licensed companies.
*Investments must be made in Cyprus and approved by the Minister of Finance
Any Combination of the above Investments totalling at least €2.000.000
Any Combination of the above Investments totalling at least €2.000.000, including the Purchase of Government Bonds
*Government Bonds issued by the Public Debt Management Office of the Ministry of Finance are accepted, up to a maximum of €500.000
- Clean criminal record
- Over 30 years old
- Spend more than 183 days on the island
- Own a residential property valued at over €500.000
The Permanent Residence Permit (PRP)
The PRP is granted in cases where the applicant does not have the intention of taking up employment in Cyprus in any direct or indirect manner. The applicant and/or his spouse may be a shareholder in a company registered in Cyprus. The PRP allows the applicant and his family to freely enter and reside in Cyprus.
Main Investment Criteria
- Deposit of €30.000 into a Cyprus Bank Account
- Secured guaranteed annual income of at least €30.000, increasing by €5.000 that derives from business activities
- Proof of purchase of house, flat, commercial property, by the applicant or a controlled company (min market value €300.000 excl. VAT) and documentation evidencing the payment of at least €200.000 against the full purchase price
- The applicant and his family must have a clean criminal record and visit Cyprus at least once every two years. The permit covers the family of the applicant (spouse and dependants)
Provided that no issues arise, the permit is issued within (6) months from the application submission.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC
Patrician Chambers, 332 Agiou Andreou Str., 3035 Limassol, Cyprus
P.O.Box 54543, 3725 Limassol, Cyprus
T: +357 25871599, F: +357 25344548
« Go Back to Articles