Switzerland: Offshore Legal and Tax Regimes
Activities of Tax-Privileged Operations
The various tax-privileged forms described above are all subject to limitations on their activities or structures as set out. In approximate terms:
- Holding Companies must derive most of their income from subsidiaries;
- Domiciliary Companies must have only the smallest toe-hold in Switzerland;
- Auxiliary Companies (in 7 cantons only) may have some local activity;
- Service Companies must be active only within their own groups; and
- Mixed Companies combine Domiciliary and Service Company restrictions.