Seychelles: Types of Company
Limited Partnerships (LP) are formed under the Limited Partnership Act, 2003 (the Act). An LP has substantial statutory tax advantages (see Offshore Legal and Tax Regime) including the ability to receive income from sources outside of the Seychelles and distribute such income to foreign partners without incurring a Seychelles tax liability. A Seychelles LP is highly-suitable for international joint venture activities.
Key features of the LP are as follows:
- The LP is required to have one or more general partners who are liable for the debts of the LP, and one or more limited partners who are not so liable in most circumstances.
- At least one general partner must be a Seychelles person (either a resident individual or an IBC or domestic company or CSL or an LP);
- A Seychelles registered office is required;
- An LP shall not carry on business in Seychelles, except to the extent necessary for the carrying on of the LP's business outside of Seychelles;
- An annual certificate must be filed verifying compliance by the LP with the provisions of the Act.