Latvia: Types of Company
Joint Stock Company
The Joint Stock Company is a popular vehicle for larger companies looking to raise public capital. A minimum share capital of LVL25,000 is required, and must be fully paid up before registration. A Joint Stock Company is a public company, the stocks of which may be publicly tradable objects.
Accounts must be audited and filed with the authorities.
Documents needing to be filed with the Registrar include:
- An application to register;
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Notice from the bank regarding the payment of the stock capital;
- Notarised specimen of signatures of the members of the Board of Directors, where relevant;
- Notice of the Board of Directors of the company’s registered office;
- Receipt confirming the state fee payment (LVL250) for recording the joint stock company in the Commercial Register;
- Receipt confirming payment (LVL24) for the announcement in the official newspaper Latvijas Vestnesis.