Cyprus: Offshore Legal and Tax Regimes
Offshore entities may not carry out any trading activities in Cyprus with Cypriot residents. The only permissible activities within Cyprus are those compatible with the exercise of management and control.
Certain borderline activities may be carried on with express Central Bank permission, such as:
- Transit trade through Cyprus
- Repackaging for re-export, within a tariff classification
- Printing of foreign-language magazines or books for distribution abroad
- Storage, repair or maintenance of goods to be used or sold outside Cyprus
- Establishment of a private bonded warehouse for the display of foreign-made goods intended for re-export.
- Sales activities, provided these do not result in sales in Cyprus or to Cypriot companies.