Cayman Islands: Types of Company
Limited Duration Exempt Company
Limited duration exempted companies are like exempted companies except that:
- The Memorandum of Association must limit the life of the company to 30 years or less;
- certain events are specified which automatically precipitate its voluntary winding-up and dissolution;
- it must at all times have not fewer than two members;
- the Articles may provide that no shares may be transferred without the agreement of all shareholders; and
- management may be carried out by the shareholders or may be delegated to a board of directors.
The name of the company must include at its end “Limited Duration Company” or “LDC." Fees are as for exempted companies, plus KYD200.