Belize: Offshore Legal and Tax Regimes
The IBC act prohibits an IBC from:
- Carrying on business with persons resident in Belize;
- Owning an interest in real property situated in Belize, except lease property for office purposes;
- Carrying on banking business;
- Carrying on insurance or reinsurance business;
- Carrying on the business of providing registered agents/offices for companies.
Otherwise, a Belize IBC may engage in any activity that is not unlawful in Belize.
A Belize International Bank can carry on the following activities within Belize:
- establish, maintain, and operate a business office in Belize;
- transact international banking business through its business office in Belize without restrictions;
- transact international banking business with a local entity in Belize licenced under the Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1995.