Register a Company in Singapore
15 February, 2017
Singapore is the leading financial centre for Southeast Asia offering a wide range of services including banking, investment banking, insurance, and more.
If you are considering starting business in Singapore, a private limited company would be your best choice. Your company might enjoy all tax efficiencies in Singapore.
Setting up a Company
You will have to follow certain rules while choosing your company name, otherwise the Company Registry in Singapore may reject a proposed business name.
The Registrar will not approve the company name if they find it:
- Identical to another; or
- of a kind the Minister has directed the Registrar not to accept.
To increase chances that the Registrar approves the company name, it's strongly recommended to conduct a preliminary search before submitting the name application for official approval.
- Registered office in Singapore
- Particulars of company shareholders
- Particulars of company directors bear in mind, that at least one company director must be a Singapore resident.
- Particulars of the company secretary
- A brief business description
Paid up capital
After incorporation the Company Registrar will issue:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Company Business Profile containing the particulars of the newly formed company
- Additional things your company should have:
- A company seal
- A company rubber stamp
- A share register
« Go Back to Blogs